Chinese mummy aged 300 years in a day after being discovered.
Baffled Chinese archaeologists are studying a 300 year-old coffin found with two others in which two of the bodies had been reduced to skeletons, but in which the third was almost perfectly preserved.
- When one of the coffins was opened, the man's face, experts claim, was perfectly preserved....
- Within hours, however, the face started to go black, and a foul smell began to emanate from the body.
- The skin on the corpse - which has now been taken to the local university for study - also turned black.
- 'The Chinese did not do any treatment of the body to preserve it as known from ancient Egypt, for instance.
- In this case, the body may have had a lacquered coffin, covered in charcoal - which was common at the time.
- It's believe the corpse belonged to a very senior official from the early Qing Dynasty.
Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk